Want to build a stronger connection and an open line of communication with your child for the future? Here are five ways to start during Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month #TDVAM :
1. Learn the Signs of an Unhealthy Relationship with this great video from One Love.
2. Watch this webinar to better understand your teen’s world. Growing Up in the Digital World: An open conversation with the National Youth Council about dating and online harassment.
3. Read our blog post from last year on talking to teenagers about dating abuse.
4. Take action with love is respect’s Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month Action Guide.
5. Understand the impact of technology on your teen’s privacy and safety with this toolkit from the National Network to End Domestic Violence.
If you talk to kids with the same respect and consideration that you give to a close friend, you can have some deep and meaningful conversations. Thank you to NNEDV, One Love and love is respect for the work they do throughout the year to help teens build healthy relationships.