Dedicated volunteers provide valuable contributions to our organization throughout the year. Here are ways that you can get involved and support our mission in the community:
- Represent SHALVA at community events, like the Greater Chicago Jewish Festival, health fairs and more, by staffing the SHALVA table.
- Deliver and monitor the supply of SHALVA posters that are in synagogues and select local businesses.
- Collect cell phones through your synagogue, social action committee or school.
- Host a private educational event for your friends and colleagues to learn what domestic violence looks like, how to prevent it, and how to help someone experiencing domestic abuse.
- Serve on the SHALVA Board of Directors.
- Donate your time and talent by joining a SHALVA committee such as Legal, Development, Outreach, or Events and Marketing.