SHALVA offers a safe place for women to gain insight, explore options and break free of their isolation. Counseling is available to all women over age 18 in the Chicago metropolitan area who self-identify as Jewish and who are currently or have been victims of domestic abuse by their spouse or intimate partner.
All counseling services are free and confidential. SHALVA’s masters’ level therapists provide education, guidance and support so that women can make informed decisions about how to reclaim their lives. SHALVA provides the following services to the Jewish community:
- 24/7 help/crisis line – 773-583-HOPE(4673)
- Individual and group counseling
- Legal information and support
- Financial assistance and interest-free loans
- Case management
- Information and referrals
- Rabbinic and community training and education
We believe that a woman is an expert in her own life and respect her right to go at her own pace. Making a decision of what to do is not an event, but a process.
Read more about what a First Visit to SHALVA is like and the support services that we provide